UConn News HomeUConn News

Students can enroll in graduate credit courses at the School of Social Work (Released: 12/11/96)

by Renu Sehgal, Office of University Communications.

STORRS, Conn. -- Wondering how you would fare in graduate school but don't want to jump right in? The University of Connecticut School of Social Work has a solution.

The school offers a program allowing non-matriculated students to take graduate-credit courses as long as they have earned a bachelor's or higher degree.

Through the Staff Training and Education for the Professional Program (STEP), credits are applied toward a Master of Social Work degree if the student is accepted into the school.

''This program is ideal for potential applicants to the school, professionals who are interested in the content of a particular course and those making a career decision,'' said Reesa Olins, director of the STEP Program. ''We're offering over 30 courses conveniently planned during a variety of schedules to accommodate students' differing time commitments.''

To learn more about the program, please attend one of the group information sessions, which will be held at the school on Jan. 13 from 4-5 p.m. and on Jan. 14 from 9-10 a.m.